About This Blog:
The reason I am creating a blog is because I want to share my experience of being an entrepreneur with people. I want to grow with other business minded individuals in the community. I want to help entrepreneurs when I can, and I want other entrepreneurs to help me when they can. I want to share stories of success and lessons learned from failures. I encourage everybody who wants to share to do the same. I am by no means a Guru – yet… but I have a lot of knowledge that can help entrepreneurs and am always willing to learn from other entrepreneurs as well.
Please join me on my journey to success and supporting the entrepreneurial spirit in Canada!
Hi, my name is Stereo Mike…
Actually – It’s Derrick Barber. I am an inspired entrepreneur and business minded individual. I am especially passionate about helping people grow their small business, and utilizing the power of the internet to do so.
Stuff I do:
1) LOWD Media – This is my full time gig. I help small businesses create a web presence that helps them capture sales leads they have been missing out on. I do this by helping them get noticed & found online. I help people establish themselves as industry experts. I help them attract potential customers who are actively searching for what they offer, and I help them convert these leads. You can find LOWD Media here: www.lowd.ca
2) Changing Marketing – I create niche content websites with great content, or web based services that add value to the internet as a whole. I monetize the traffic I attract to these websites by utilizing Google Adsense and various affiliate programs. This allows me to earn a passive residual income every month. It’s nothing to write home about, but I love that you can put in sweat equity up front in exchange for an ongoing passive income.
3) Textbook Exchange – I started this web site when I was in college. It allows students to buy and sell their textbooks online. The site has a lot of problems now, but I still get comments from students every semester who love it. I’ve recently joined forces with a programming ninja, and we’ll be launching a new version of this site in 2013 that will be 10x better than what I have. I’m pumped up for this. You can find the Textbook Exchange here: www.textbookexchange.ca
1) Podcast – This year, my goal is to start a podcast. The topics will be related to growing a business, and becoming a successful entrepreneur. More on this soon.
2) Book – I am in the process of writing my first book. I might be biting off more than I can chew here, but I think I have a good idea & am moving forward with it. More on this soon.
As you can see, I have an entrepreneurial spirit & strongly believe in utilizing the power of the internet for business. I think great relationships can be built using the internet, and would love to connect with like minded individuals. Feel free to introduce yourself!
PS – On a personal level, I love to unwind by listening to 90s music. I enjoy golf though I’m not very good at it, and I love camping/a good backyard fire.